Government officials in Costa Rica have relaxed and extended COVID-19 business and movement restrictions nationwide through October 15, 2021. International travel restrictions remain largely unaffected.Under the directives, the nightly ban on movement and business operations remains in effect 21:00-05:00, and private vehicles continue to be subject to movement restrictions. The following schedule dictates which vehicles are prohibited from moving on certain days based on their license plate numbers:
- Mondays: Vehicles with license plates ending in 1 or 2 are prohibited
- Tuesdays: Vehicles with license plates ending in 3 or 4 are prohibited
- Wednesdays: Vehicles with license plates ending in 5 or 6 are prohibited
- Thursdays: Vehicles with license plates ending in 7 or 8 are prohibited
- Fridays: Vehicles with license plates ending in 9 or 0 are prohibited
- Saturday, Oct. 2: Vehicles with license plates ending in 1, 3, 5, 7, and 9 are prohibited
- Sunday, Oct. 3: Vehicles with license plates ending in 2, 4, 6, 8, and 0 are prohibited
- Saturday, Oct. 9: Vehicles with license plates ending in 2, 4, 6, 8, and 0 are prohibited
- Sunday, Oct. 10: Vehicles with license plates ending in 1,3, 5, 7, and 9 are prohibited
Additionally, officials plan to allow up to 5,000 people to attend a concert and a soccer match at the National Stadium in San Jose in early October, as part of ongoing trials examining the feasibility of holding mass-attendance events amid the COVID-19 pandemic. All the events’ attendees must be fully vaccinated.
Hotels with more than 100 rooms may continue operating at up to 75-percent capacity; authorities have announced hotels will be permitted to operate at up to 100 percent capacity starting Nov. 1. Restaurants, grocery stores, and all other businesses allowed to operate may continue doing so at up to 50-percent capacity. Bars can increase capacity to 50 percent.
About Riskovery Solutions
Riskovery doesn’t wait until an incident occurs to look for a solution. Our Travel Risk Management Application proactively collects data through its proprietary application to ensure when an incident occurs, employees have the greatest chance of receiving the support they need to get home. As soon as an alert is received, Riskovery immediately begins to reestablish communication. Simultaneously, while communication is being re-established, the team analyzes data to determine where your team members are if they are safe and alternate methods for re-contacting. Team Riskovery takes proactive steps to provide essential support to stranded team members.